- Account Information.�To create an account on Word of Mouth, we require you to provide your name and email address to create a user name and to provide a password.
- Aggregate Usage Data and Anonymized Data.�Word of Mouth may collect usage data based on users, usage of the site and its various features, but it is not personally identifiable except as described below under the IP Addresses section ("Aggregate Data"). In addition, Word of Mouth may take your personal information and create anonymized information by excluding information (such as your user name) that makes it personally identifiable to you ("Anonymized Data").
- Personal Information for Social Features.�From time to time, Word of Mouth introduces features that allow friends to share more information about themselves with other friends, including information about what they are doing on Word of Mouth. Word of Mouth may store the personally identifiable information that you provide us in order to provide these services, including your friends list. Whenever a social feature involves the disclosure of personally identifiable information about you to other people, Word of Mouth will either provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the disclosure or will seek your consent prior to making the disclosure.
- Demographic and Geographic Data.�Word of Mouth may ask people to voluntarily provide additional demographic information such as age, gender, location, services and interests, or we may require it for you to use certain features. We use demographic information to improve our services and to provide you with features like customized advertising. In addition, Word of Mouth may receive geographic or demographic information from outside sources. These sources may include companies whom we have engaged in accordance with Section 5 to provide that information based on information that you have provided to us, from the third-party messenger services that you access through Word of Mouth, or from other partners such as in connection with a co-branded website or a promotion. Word of Mouth may combine the information we receive from those other sources with information we collect through the Websites.
- To provide you with access to your account;
- To provide you with the Services;
- To enhance and improve our Services;
- To provide customized advertising to you;
- To conduct research;
- To determine your geographic location or other demographic information about you;
- To create reports and to analyze usage patterns.
Sharing of Information.�Word of Mouth may share personally identifiable information with third parties in the following cases: a. To enable the normal course of functionality of the Services (for example, your user name(s) and password(s) and IP address will be shared with the Third Party IM Services where you have an account in order to permit you to log onto and utilize that service through Word of Mouth);
b. With partner websites who offer Word of Mouth Services, such as sharing of ratings and reviews, when you use those Services on our partner websites;
c. With trusted third party service providers who help us in the operation of the Word of Mouth service and who have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of the data;
d. As part of Word of Mouth's social features, as described above;